- Incontinence Products
Bath, Toilet & Shower Aids
- Elevated Toilet Seats & Commode Seats
- Bath Brushes & Bath Sponges
- Washing Bowls
- Shampoo Sink
- Commode Chairs & Toilet Safety Rails
- Bath Sponges
- Shower Aids & Shower Seats
- Arm & Foot Bath
- Bedpans & Portable Toilets
- Bathtub Mats & Shower Mats
- Bathtub Chairs
- Bathtub Transfer Benches & Bath Handles
- Breastfeeding & Baby Products
- Walking Aids
- Walking Frame / Wheel
- Eating & Drinking Aids
- Various Everyday Aids
- Dressing Aids
- Medical Alert Systems
- Cosmetics Equipment
- Liquid Food
- Hearing Aids
- Grabber & Reaching Assist Tools
Bath Boards – independent showering even when disabled
With the help of a bathtub board, people who have difficulty getting into the bathtub due to physical limitations can use it safely and in many cases independently. Especially if you, your relatives or the customers of your care service are dependent on personal hygiene in the bathtub, a bathtub board can be an effective aid that gives back a bit of independence. At Medicalcorner24® you will find bathtub boards and other bathing and showering aids in a variety of designs. Thanks to non-slip feet, all models can be securely and stably attached to the edge of the bathtub, where they can be used as an aid to getting in and out of the bathtub, as well as a seat and shelf for soap and washing utensils. Large handles offer additional security. Order your bath board now!
In addition to the bathtub board, you will find other aids for the bathtub such as bathtub shorteners and steps in our range. Would you like to find out more about the uses and benefits of a bathtub board? Find out more at the end of this page.
Properties of Bath Boards
Bathtub boards can be used as a practical shelf for soap and other bathroom utensils, as they stand like a small table on the edge of the bathtub. Since the boards can withstand loads of up to 150 kg, depending on the model, you can also use the board as a bathtub seat. Bathtub boards from Medicalcorner24® have the following properties:
- When washing and bathing people in need of care, bathing boards help, for example, when getting in and out.
- Models with padded turntables are particularly suitable for people in need of care. Patients can be turned with little effort on the non-slip panes, which makes it easier to transfer them into the tub.
- The water can easily drain off through the openings in the bathtub board.
- Stable and moisture-resistant plastics ensure a high level of security.
- Non-slip, adjustable rubber feet or suction cups, depending on the model, ensure solid positioning even on damp surfaces.
- The ergonomic handles, which are attached to each bathtub board, offer additional support when getting in and out. In addition, the bathing aid can be hung on the handle after use and stowed away to save space.
Who is a Bath Board suitable for?
A bathtub board is particularly suitable as a bathtub seat for people in whom the ability of the legs to move is restricted, but the ability to sit is still retained. People with slightly restricted mobility and sufficient trunk stability can make optimal use of the aid to make it easier to lower into the bathtub, and are thus able to take care of their personal hygiene on their own.
How a Bathtub Board is used as an Entry Aid and Seat
To use the bathtub board as a bathtub seat and as an aid to getting in and out of the bath, first place it on the outer edge of the bathtub and, depending on the model, fix it with the help of the adjustable rubber feet or suction cups. Now you or the person you are looking after stand backwards in front of the bathtub. You sit down on the side of the board and slide to the middle of the seat board. Slowly turn to the center of the tub and lift your legs over the edge of the tub in a gentle, slow motion.
For more physically handicapped people, a bathtub board with a turntable is recommended, which greatly facilitates the movement sequence for the person himself and, if necessary, the assistance of the caretaker.
Bathtub Board - we offer you these Designs
We carry bathtub boards and bathtub shorteners made of robust, moisture-resistant plastics in various versions. Many bathtub boards have soap racks that are embedded in anatomically shaped seats. The boards have ergonomic handles that are used for easy handling or for hanging up after use. Thanks to the non-slip feet, all bathtub boards can be placed securely on the edge of the bathtub, where they can be used to store soap and other bathroom accessories. Depending on the model, they can be loaded up to 150 kg and can therefore also be used as seating.
Bathtub Shorteners - Aids for Smaller People
You will also find bathtub shorteners in our range. These serve to limit the available space in the bathtub so that smaller people can also support their feet on them. This prevents slipping while bathing and allows to find a comfortable position.
Bathtub Steps - Entry Aids for your Bathtub
With the bathtub steps in our range, we offer you another aid that makes it easier to get in and out of the bathtub. Each model offers different, flexible height settings.
Order bathtub boards & other products from Medcialcorner24®
At Medicalcorner24® you will find bathtub washboards as well as a variety of other toilet, bath and shower aids as well as a wide range of products for care needs. Among other things, we offer you these tools for the sanitary area:
- Arm and Foot Baths
- Bath Brushes and Bath Sponges
- Bed Pans and Toilet Buckets
- Shower Stool and Shower Chair
- Wash Bowls