- Anatomical Teaching Aids
- Medical Dipsticks
- Conductice Gel & Coupling Agents
- Blood Glucose Meters
- Heart Rate Monitors
- ECG Devices
- Clinical Thermometers
- Activity Tracker
- Tuning Forks
- Nurse Watches
- Blood Pressure Meters
- Veterinary Gel
- Diagnostic Lamp
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
Medical dipsticks and other medical test media are used to measure the percentage or the composition of different substances in the test persons body. Examples are measurings of the blood sugar level or of concentrations of diverse substances in the urine.
Customary test strips are usually suitable for quick tests and can easily be applied by laymen. Results from special test cultures are analyzed in medical laboratories. Read on now at the end of this page.
Medical Test Strips & Test Media for Quick Diagnostics
For the use of medical test strips, small amounts of the required body fluid are sufficient. When used correctly, the test media display the result within a few seconds on a printed scale. This applies, for example, to urine test strips that detect and measure substances such as glucose, protein, or blood in the urine.
Some medical test strips, such as specific blood glucose test strips, require corresponding measurement devices. These are handy devices that can be used without any medical expertise. The measurement is quick and highly accurate, with the results being clearly displayed on large screens.
Medical test strips are therefore suitable for quick self-diagnosis at home in many cases. Visits to the doctor for extensive examinations can be minimized and are only necessary if the test results show abnormalities.
You can buy various medical test strips and other test media here in the shop. Gain a quick overview of the different areas of application and uses of various rapid tests:
- Blood Glucose Test Strips: Blood glucose meters are equipped with compatible medical test strips that determine the exact blood sugar level based on a tiny drop of blood. Blood glucose test strips have a thin enzyme layer that reacts with the glucose present in the blood, producing reliable measurement results in a short time.
- COVID-19 Rapid Test: Specifically developed for detecting the COVID-19 virus, these rapid tests can also be used by laypersons at home. Depending on the type of test, a saliva sample or nasal swab needs to be taken. Unlike the PCR test, which requires laboratory analysis, the results of the COVID-19 rapid test are available within a few minutes.
- Drug Tests: Drug rapid tests are designed to detect various drugs, for example, THC tests specifically identify tetrahydrocannabinol present in hashish or marijuana.
- Pregnancy Tests: These medical urine test strips detect the pregnancy hormone beta-hCG in morning urine. The handling of these test strips is straightforward, and the results are highly reliable. However, the self-test should be confirmed by a medical examination.
- Urine Test Strips: Urine tests can be used to detect a variety of substances. These medical test strips can, for example, detect glucose, proteins, hormones, or drugs in urine.
- Various Medical Tests: There is a vast number of germs and substances that can be detected using medical test strips and rapid tests. In the category of various medical tests, we have summarized numerous variations, ranging from influenza tests to streptococcus tests.
- Alcohol Testers: These testing devices do not use test strips but have integrated sensors to determine the alcohol content in the breath. Depending on the model, the police-grade alcohol testers are equipped with semiconductor sensors, infrared sensors, or electrochemical sensors. The so-called chemical granule breathalyzer tubes are also still partially used. Test your fitness to drive within seconds!
Culture Media & Nutrient Media
Here in the shop, you can also find culture media and nutrient media for laboratory work. Special nutrient agar plates are required for culturing test cultures to detect aerobic bacteria, fungi, and yeasts in liquids or on surfaces. These cultures are incubated on the test media, stored in tubes, in special biological test incubators. Such culture media are used, for example, in healthcare, the food industry, or other hygienically sensitive areas.
In our range, you will find both culture media, suitable ready-to-use nutrient agar plates and incubators for growing cultures, as well as microbial indicators for detecting the respective target microorganisms.
Buy Products for Measuring Vital & Body Parameters Online
In addition to medical test strips and test media, we offer a wide range of other products for measuring various vital and body parameters in our online shop. From blood glucose meter devices to precise scales for measuring body weight, Medicalcorner24® provides many products for checking health values.