- Anatomical Teaching Aids
- Medical Dipsticks
- Conductice Gel & Coupling Agents
- Blood Glucose Meters
- Heart Rate Monitors
- ECG Devices
- Clinical Thermometers
- Activity Tracker
- Tuning Forks
- Nurse Watches
- Blood Pressure Meters
- Veterinary Gel
- Diagnostic Lamp
- Blood Pressure Cuffs
Blood Glucose Meters - for Independent Blood Glucose Control
Blood glucose meters are medical devices for determining the amount of glucose in the blood. They help diabetics to recognize high blood sugar values or hypoglycaemia immediately and to initiate appropriate measures. The devices are usually offered in the form of blood glucose meter sets including matching test strips and lancing devices.
When you buy blood glucose meters from Medicalcorner24®, you benefit from these advantages:
- pain-free blood collection
- available in a practical blood glucose meter set
- precise determination of the glucose amount in the blood
- comfortable measurement and easy handling
Blood glucose meters are also essential for the private use of diabetics - order now conveniently online at Medicalcorner24®! Would you like to find out more about the use and function of blood glucose meters? Read on here at the end of this page.
Benefits of Blood Glucose Meters
When high-quality blood glucose meters are used regularly, they can support diabetes patients in their active health care. The modern blood glucose meters from Medicalcorner24® have, depending on the model, various data storage locations and integrated PC interfaces in order to be able to evaluate the measured values over a longer period of time.
The convenient measurement, easy handling and the modern design with illuminated displays speak for the measuring devices that you can conveniently order online from us in our shop. At Medicalcorner24® you can buy high-quality blood sugar devices and benefit from the following additional functions:
- short measurement time
- precise measurement accuracy
- USB port
- clear and illuminated displays
- speech output (german/english)
Innovative Technology: 3-in-1 Blood Glucose Meters
For particularly easy handling, you can purchase 3-in-1 measuring devices in the Medicalcorner24® online shop. They contain an integrated lancing device, the measuring device and plug-in USB and are also distinguished by a hematocrit correction and a ketone warning. With a 3-in-1 meter you get a whole blood glucose meter set in just one product.
Lancets and Lancing Devices for Easy Blood Sugar Measurement
An adjustable lancing device with a sterile lancet makes it easier for diabetes patients to draw blood independently. Even small amounts of the blood drawn are sufficient for precise blood sugar measurement. The blood glucose meter then saves the measured values. You can buy lancets and lancing devices from Medicalcorner24® individually or as part of a blood glucose meter set.
Benefit from fast delivery and easy payment on account - buy blood glucose meters online at Medicorner24®.
The Functional Principle of Blood Glucose Meters
Blood glucose meters measure the amount of glucose in the blood. They are designed for independent use by diabetes patients. We have summarized the functional principle of these smart measuring devices for you:
- Before measuring the blood sugar, the patient must draw a small amount of blood from the fingertips and apply it to the blood sugar test strip in the measuring device. Blood sugar test strips are biosensors (glucose sensors) with enzymatic substrate specificity for glucose (receptor function). The bio-reaction chamber of the measuring device now converts glucose into another form of sugar with the help of enzymes. The enzymes transfer electrons to other molecules, which serve as a kind of electron store.
- The electron storage molecules transfer their electrons to an electrode, whereby a weak current is passed on via cables inside the test strip from the bio-reaction chamber to the electrical contacts at the end of the test strip.
- Using microprocessor technology, the electrical signal is converted into a numerical value for a larger blood fraction. Very little blood is required for the measurement. The blood sugar value now appears on the display.
For more control and security - buy blood glucose meters online now!
On an empty stomach, blood sugar levels are usually between 60 and 100 milligrams per deciliter (mg / dL). After a meal with a lot of carbohydrates, the blood sugar level can briefly rise to values of up to 220 mg / dL, even in a healthy person. If the blood sugar level is still above 120 mg / dL twelve hours after the last meal, it is likely that you have diabetes.
Sterile and Safe Application of the Blood Glucose Meter Sets
With blood glucose meter sets from Medicalcorner24® you can measure the glucose content in your blood in the comfort of your own home. To test your blood glucose, do the following:
- Wash your hands: High blood sugar levels can also come from food residues that are still on your fingers. Especially sticky desserts can be the trigger for a falsified measurement result.
- Prepare materials: Blood glucose meter, test strips, lancing device, lancet and swab should be ready to hand and sorted.
- Prepare the measuring device: The blood glucose meter must be equipped with a fresh blood sugar strip and the lancing device with a fresh lancet (blade).
- Puncture the fingertip: In order to take a small amount of capillary blood from the fingertip, the finger is punctured with a lancing device.
- Collecting blood: The first drop of blood is collected using the swab. This first drop is "contaminated" by tissue fragments and tissue water, which can falsify the blood sugar measurement. Therefore, only the second drop of blood placed on the test strip is used.
- Measurement result: The measurement result is read from the blood glucose meter and carefully entered in the blood glucose diary.
Take care when storing: Please ensure that your blood glucose meter is not exposed to direct sunlight. In addition, low batteries often lead to malfunctions of the measuring device, as the batteries lose their functionality.
You must also ensure that the blood sugar test strips are stored correctly. Always keep your test strips in the original packaging and with the lid closed. If moisture penetrates the packaging, it can make the test strips unusable.
Discover the diverse functions of our modern blood glucose meters in the Medicalcorner24® online shop and order now!
Buy Blood Glucose Meters at Medicalcorner24®
In addition to practical blood glucose meters for self-monitoring of blood glucose levels, you will find further products for diabetic needs such as:
- Diabetes Accessories
- Skin Disinfectants
- Plaster Strips