On this page you will find information about nitrile gloves
What is nitrile?
Its chemical formula is R-C≡N: the C stands for carbon, N for nitrogen, R for the so-called "organic radical". Nitrile - more exactly: nitriles - are a certain group of chemical compounds consisting of carbon and nitrogen. Nitriles are based on hydrocyanic acid, which became generally known through detective novels because it can cause poisoning. But don't worry there is no danger of poisoning with nitrile gloves! On the contrary they are particularly suitable for allergy sufferers.
Gloves made of nitrile stand out because of the following important properties:
- Resistant: Nitrile polymers are chemically very resistant which is why they are popular for protective gloves.
- Elastic: Gloves made of nitrile are especially elastic. They are tear-resistant and more resistant to punctures and abrasion than gloves made of vinyl or natural latex.
- Suitable for allergy sufferers: Another advantage of nitrile gloves is that they do not pose an allergy risk like gloves made of latex. Therefore, they are particularly suitable for people with latex allergies.
Possible uses of nitrile gloves
Because nitrile gloves are particularly resistant, they are used when working with chemicals. You also see them a lot in industry and handicraft range such as plumbers, installers and painters. Nitrile gloves are also used in areas where sterile work is required. They are used in doctors' surgeries and hospitals for medical examinations but also in tattoo and piercing studios.
Types of nitrile gloves
At medicalcorner24 we stock many different types of nitrile gloves, both sterile and non-sterile.
- Disposable nitrile gloves: For example, you will find disposable gloves such as MaiMed Nitrile Black or Hartmann Peha-soft® nitrile fino.
- Cut resistant gloves: We also offer cut resistant gloves made of nitrile e.g., Euronda Nitrile.
- Chemical protection gloves: Furthermore, we offer nitrile chemical protection gloves for increased safety requirements such as Ratiomed nitrile-chemical protection gloves.